We often look the people with personality disorders, but, do not even think about treat it, we don’t even have time to know what cause it.
What is Borderline Personality Disorder?
Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) is a personality disorder which the person displays a disrupted style and normally affects people above the age of 18 years. An individual with this disorder can have unstable moods abnormal levels. Without proper care and treatment of Borderline Personality Disorder can cause misery for individual’s relationship, at work and with family members. An unstable social interaction, identity, self image and habits are also apparent in people affected by BPD.
Facts About BPD
• BPD makes up at least 2% of the general population, (6 million people in North America)
• BPD comprises 20% of the inpatient psychiatric population.
• BPD makes up 11% of the outpatients in the mental health system.
• As a comparison, BPD affects 50% more people than Alzheimer’s disease and nearly as many as schizophrenia and bipolar combined (2.25%).
• An estimated 10% of BPD patients die by suicide.
• Approximately 20% of men who batter have BPD.
Borderline personality disorder (BPD), also known as emotionally unstable personality disorder, is a psychological condition characterized by a prolonged disturbance of personality function, which is characterized by the depth and diversity of mood.
BPD often manifests itself in episodes of idealization and devaluation, and interpersonal relationships chaotic and unstable, self-image, identity, and behavior and disorder in an individual sense of self. BPD disorder also includes self-harm.
Borderline personality disorder as a psychiatric diagnosis and define it as a prolonged disturbance of personality function.